The Buried Cathedral is a location that can be found by exploring the Catacombs. The Buried Cathedral notably contains large numbers of skeletons, zombies, and vampires, and Black Phantoms. In addition, the Buried Cathedral contains a wealth of items and is perhaps the best place to earn gold. The location is also famous for being the oldest and once the most difficult "dungeons" in the Heroes of Ardania. Note: Due to recent changes (adding INT values to monsters) Black Phantoms are far more difficult than they used to be!
In-Game Description: Centuries ago, this Palace-size Cathedral was swallowed up whole by the very earth itself for unknown reasons. It is now the home of some of the most dangerous undead in all of Ardania.
- Vault: Heroes must fight Black Phantoms upon entering vaults. The number of Black Phantom per Vault is random and is also dependent on the character's level. Post reset it seems you can find most items here, but the large amount of bonus gold have been removed. (Probably) Complete drop list:
- The following Level 6 Weapons: Axe of Death, Finder Longbow, Flattener, Hammer of the Dwarves, Longsword of Decapitation, Random Slayer, Staff of Spite
- Full Plate Armor, Wizards Robe
- Spiked Iron Large Shield
- Protective Cloak
- Bandanna of Frost, Battered Crown, Dwarven Headband, Skullcap of Self-Improvement
- Belt of Balance, Mithril Belt
- Bracer of Accuracy, Bracers of Defilement, Mithril Bracers, Nevryl Bracers
- Nevryl Amulet
- Ring of Devastation, Silver Band
- Shield Beard Ring
- Jewel of Fiery Doom
- Chest: Contains Gold or a Mimic
- Find gold.
- Return to Catacombs