Schematics is a feature that allows players to combine items into new ones. Schematics are specific instructions as to how to combine two or more items to get a specific result. If the schematic details the combining of several items into one, the needed ingredients are mentioned in the description. If the schematic details the process of embedding magical items into others, there is a multitude of different combinations, thus the possible ingredients aren't mentioned. Schematics can be purchased in the Valmorgen Library.
Schematics can be utilised in one of two ways - combining two or more items into a new one, or embedding an item into another one. Successful execution of a schematic depends on the craftsmanship ability. Heroes should make sure that their craftsmanship is high enough to guarantee successful use of a schematic, as otherwise, items are reduced to junk upon failure.
Once you have the needed ingredients (specified in the Schematic description) and the schematic itself (Can be accessed through Options -> Journal -> Schematics), combining the ingredients will result in a new item in your inventory. The ingredients, naturally, go *poof* upon a successful combination. You'll receive 10XP for each difficulty level with a successful complete, and have a chance to receive a free point of Craftmanship.
Socketing and Embedding
Socketing an item allows you to embed magical items into it. This is a convenient way of creating customized items. For instance, you could create an item with bonuses to MGR for use in the Buried Cathedral. To socket an item, visit the Socket Carver in Lichfield Hollow.
Embedding is slightly more complicated than combining. In essence, it allows you to insert small magical trinkets into weapons and armor, giving them the trinket's magical bonuses. To be able to do this, though, the weapon or armor must be socketed. Each socketed item will be marked in your inventory as such, and can hold up to three different items (there are some exceptions to this rule though, like the Mithril Studded Gauntlets). The number of items embedded is also shown in the item's name. For instance, Socketed (1/3) Longbow +3. You'll receive 2XP per difficulty level for each item added by socketing.
Crafting success formula
- Success in using a schematic occurs if Craftsmanship + (Intelligence / 2) - Random(1-20) > Schematic difficulty x 5. The exception is when the schematic has a difficulty of 0, which results in a 100% chance for success. The term (Intelligence / 2) is generally believed to be rounded down to the nearest integer.
- Therefore, success is guaranteed if
- Craftsmanship + (Intelligence / 2) > (Schematic difficulty x 5) + 20
Schematics obtained from the Dark Forest's Wild Gardens
- All schematics listed below (except for the Gate Key) are found in the Abandoned Library inside the Wild Gardens.
- Many items resulting from the Abandoned Library Schematics may be further upgraded at the Imp's Workshop. See the Items Reference Page for necessary ingredients.
- *The Gate Key Schematic is found in the Wild Gardens Sorcerers Abode exit sequence rather than the Abandoned Library.
Schematics obtained from the Wizard Tower
|Silverhide Archer Gloves||Cultist, Elf, Ranger, Rogue||Silver Varg Gloves, Rumble Mitts, Green Charm||Silverhide Archer Gloves|
|War Gauntlets||All except Elf, Ranger, Rogue, Spellcasters||Rumble Mitts, Gloves of Deflection, Green Charm||War Gauntlets|
|Arcane Gloves||Priestess, Wizard||Rumble Mitts, Spellcasting Gloves, Blue Charm||Arcane Gloves|
|War Chargers||All except Elf, Ranger, Rogue, Spellcasters||Rumble Mitts, Battle Boots, Green Charm||War Chargers|
|Boots of the Magi||Priestess, Wizard||Silverhide boots, Battle Boots, Blue Charm||Boots of the Magi|
|Wolfskin Greaves||Cultist, Elf, Ranger, Rogue||Silverhide boots, Battle Boots, Green Charm||Wolfskin Greaves|
|Circlet of Lycanthropy||All except Barbarian and Solarus||Lunas Staff, Werewolf Potion, Silver Band||Circlet of Lycanthropy|
|Ring of Mighty Devastation||All Classes||Ring of Might, Ring of Devastation, Dark Band, Splinter of Detonation||Ring of Mighty Devastation|
Schematics obtained from Grov-Urtat
|Crafting Magnifier||All classes||Cracked Crystal Ball, Rusted Helmet, Barrel Hoop||Crafting Magnifier|
|Crafting Caliper||All classes||Broken Bow, Old Gauntlet, Broken Arrowhead||Crafting Caliper|
Beard Ring Usage
|Beard Ring||Effect||Schematic for Embedding Beard Ring|
|Dragon||Spell Dmg +1||✘||✘||✘||✘||✘|
|Solarus||See details|| Embed using Imp Schematic|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Schematics"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- Baldric of Feathers (schematic)
- Belt of Ballistics (schematic)
- Belt of Blasting (schematic)
- Belt of Brawling (schematic)
- Blade of Dauros (schematic)
- Blades of Fatality (schematic)
- Blazing Mace (schematic)
- Bolt Spitter (schematic)
- Boots of the Magi (schematic)
- Bracers of Divine Walloping (schematic)
- Breechcloth of the Wilds (schematic)