The Central Plains is one of the two paths out of Valmorgen, with the other being Treldan Wood. The Central Plains contain notable locations such as the Graveyard which in turn contains the Catacombs and Buried Cathedral. Through the Central Plains, players may pass onto the Sovereign road to reach Mayhew. In order to access the central plains, the player must first buy a map from the rangers guild in Valmorgen.
In-game Description: Many merchants and trading caravans travel the Central Plains bringing much trade to the Southern cities. Unfortunately, this makes this region a haven for goblin raiders.
- Goblins: All types (Overlords only appear in Goblin Fortress Encounters)
- Rock Golem*
* Denotes you will only be able to find this enemy during special encounters.
All of the following locations can be discovered upon exploring the region
- Hero's Rest Inn: allows the hero to earn training in Craftsmanship
- Howling Moon Varg Farm: purchase Varg Followers
- Graveyard: explorable location that contains the Catacombs and the Buried Cathedral
Events and Encounters
- Rock Golem Encounter: Leads to a battle with one or two Rock Golems, yields no reward.
- Traveller Escort: Your hero is offered a known amount of gold to escort a group of weary travellers to the main road for random number of Turns. No enemy encounters will occur during these Turn(s).
- Varg Den: Battle with some Vargs, yields no reward.
- Goblin Outpost: Battle with a group of Goblins (no Goblin Overlord), yields no reward.
- Goblin Fortress: Battle with a group of Goblins (includes Goblin Overlord), yields gold and an item:
- Caravan of Micarius: Tied with the events of the Royal Scepter Quest. Leads to a fight with a group of Bandits. Your hero will not be able to find this encounter unless the Quest has been received from the old man in the tavern in Valmorgen.
- Find gold.