Darkmoor Swamp is a location found after exploring in Treldan Wood. Only heroes of level 10 or above may gain access to this swamp. The swamp is similar to the Catacombs in that heroes (with the exception of rangers), must explore to get out of the swamp or reach its "hidden" area within, the Sunken City. Darkmoor Swamp and the sunken city are based on "Darkmoor Castle" in the Majesty Quest The Barren Waste, which the player must destroy in order to make the ground strong enough to hold a fairground.
Darkmoor swamp contains challenging monsters such as bog golems and flowering deathweed. Therefore, only more powerful heroes should venture in this area.
In-Game Description: Darkmoor Swamp is a dreary, dark and dangerous place to adventure. There are many rumors of heroes gone missing, or killed by the vicious claws of Swamp Trolls...and from the other stories you heard, the trolls may be the least of your worries. The ground is highly unstable-Paths appear and disappear in the tides. There are rumors of a city sunken into the swamp-with only the ruins of Castle Darkmoor standing above it all as a solitary witness.
- Bog Golem
- Giant Spider
- Huge Spider
- Flowering Strangleweed
- Flowering Sporeweed
- Flowering Deathweed
- Flesh Hunter
- Swamp Troll
- Evil Oculus
- Small Ship Remains: the ship may be either deserted (no fight) or guarded by 4-6 Huge and 4-6 Giant spiders: Yields items incuding the following:
- Level 4 Weapons (Battle Axe, Composite Longbow, Excellent Crossbow, Fine Steel Longsword, Heavy War Hammer, Lead-filled Mace, Mithril Dagger, Ultra Chaos Blade-stick)
- Banded Armor of Sneaking, Mithril Chain Mail
- Spiked Iron Small Shield
- Bandanna of Thought Stimulation, Battered Crown, Iron Skull Cap, Steel Full Helm
- Belt of Balance, Belt of Tenacity, Greater Belt of Tenacity
- Boots of Evasiveness
- Amulet of Teleportation, Greater Amulet of Iron Will, Lesser Amulet of Iron Will
- Gold Clover Ring, Ring of Might, Ring of Protection
- Elf Beard Ring
- Elixir of Health
- Swamp Trolls Ambush - unavoidable battle with some Swamp trolls. May obtain some Swamp Troll Ooze.
- Swamp Trolls Pack - fight with some Swamp Trolls. May obtain some Swamp Troll Ooze.
- Flesh Hunters Track - a fight with some Flesh Hunters.
- Flesh Hunters Ambush - unavoidable battle with a few Flesh Hunters.
- Bog Golems - fight with some Bog Golems.
- Leprechaun: After a fight against some leprechauns you have a chance to get an Emerald Amulet, Emerald Pendant, or Emerald Trinket.
- Cocoon: Yields gold without a fight.
- Swamp Hermit: The hermit either gives you items such as the following, or summons monsters (3-5 Huge Spiders and 1-3 Flowering Sporeweed) to fight you.
- Level 5 Weapons (Axe of Power, Crossbow of Pain, Crusher, Dagger of the Ages, Entropy Avenger, Hammer of the Fools, Longsword of Flaying, Seeker Longbow, Staff of Smiting)
- Medusa Mail
- Protective Cloak
- Spiked Iron Large Shield
- Headband of Prescience, Skullcap of Self-Improvement
- Belt of Balance, Belt of Rage, Greater Belt of Tenacity
- Battle Boots, Boots of Evasiveness, Silverhide Boots
- Gloves of Deflection, Spellcasting Gloves
- Bracer of Accuracy
- Amulet of the Berserker, Greater Amulet of Iron Will
- Gold Clover Ring, Ring of Devastation, Ring of Fortitude
- Hermit's Wardstone, Total Restoration Tincture