Krolm's Anvil is a lategame area, featuring some of the toughest encounters in the game. While staying in Krolm's Anvil, all heroes get a -10 penalty to H2H, Ranged, Dodge and Parry.
Krolm's Anvil offers high experience gain for heroes that can survive the area. If all battles are fought and won, and turn loss from special events are negated by the appropriate consumables, the experience gain in Krolm's anvil is about 2 times that of Ruins of Gar Uta, 3 times that of the Sunken City, and 4 times that of Thallis.
It is believed that this is the place where Krolm forged the creatures of the world from his rage. The powerful forces of those times prevail even today, and this gives rise to random lightning storms and earthquakes in the region. Undoubtedly this region is the most dangerous of all Ardania, housing terrible Towering Golems, known to level entire settlements by themselves, the most fearsome of Flesh Hunters, Greater Oculi and worse. It is also said that the spirits of the former warriors who died here haunt around. Heroes are strongly advised to avoid this area.
- Ancient Dragon (2-3), Dragon (1-2)
- Barbarian Spirit (2-8)
- Black Phantom (Ruined Building only)
- Dark Phantom (2-5)
- Death Reaver (5-10)
- Evil Oculus (2-5), Greater Oculus (2-5)
- Flesh Scavenger (2-3), Flesh Scavenger Shaman (1-2)
- Towering Golem (1-2)
- Earthquake - lose 30-69 Hit Points and 4-6 turns (however, the loss of turns is avoided if you have a Strengthening Ground Potion).
- Lightning Storm - lose 53-100 Hit Points and 5-8 turns (however, the loss of turns is avoided if you have a Lightning Distractor).
- Flesh Scavenger Lair ("Angry growling"): Contains Flesh Scavengers (3-4) and Flesh Scavenger Shamans (1-3).
- Ruined Building: Contains Black Phantoms (1-2) and Dark Phantoms (2-6).
- Ancient Burial Ground: Contains Barbarian Spirits (3-9) (4-12 when flagged for The Imp and His Tools).
- Ruined Altar: Contains Evil Oculi (3-8) and Greater Oculi (1-8).
- Loot of Gold: May contain Towering Golems (0-2), also gives a few thousand gold.
- Abandoned Temple: Gain 15 turns of invisibility for a quite large donation (2 turns, 30000 gold).
- Hidden treasure: Free gold (~20000) and 1 or 2 Wands of Invisibility (one-time event, dependant on whether you have yet heard a certain rumour in the Inn at Thallis).
- Imp Workshop ingredients
- Lightning Distractor
- Strengthening Ground Potion
- Bracers of Immolation
- Helm of Displacement
- Belt of Reflection
- Dwarven Locket
- Dark Band