The Sunken City is a location within Darkmoor Swamp. Similar to finding the entrance to the Buried Cathedral from the Catacombs, the player must explore the swamp in order to locate the transient entrance to the Sunken City. This is one of the most challenging locations in which to venture. Gold revenue in this area is also quite high, at a level just below that of the Buried Cathedral.
In-Game Description: The legendary Sunken City of Darkmoor has been claimed by the swamp long ago. You now stand at the edge of its ruins-inhabited ones, by the sound of it.
The monsters in the Sunken city are all extremely powerful and appear in high frequency. High defense values and combat aid items will likely be necessary to explore this area.
- Temple Ruins:Fight with 2-4 Flesh Hunters and 1-2 Flesh Hunter Shamans, or occasionally unguarded. Leads to 543-999 gold plus one of the following items:
- Magic Plate Armor, Plate Armor of Destiny, Ultimate Chaos Armor, Ultimate Chain Mail
- Sneaky Reinforced Cloak
- Skullcap of Self-Improvement
- Ancient Belt of Godly Finesse, Ancient Belt of Godly Luck, Ancient Belt of the Godly Mind, Ancient Belt of Godly Strength
- Amulet of the Berserker
- Ring of Devastation
- Golem Beard Ring, Skull Beard Ring
- Teevus Wand
- Wooden Hut: leads to 2-4 vials of Green Death Poison without combat.
- Motionless Flesh Hunter: the hero encounters a motionless Flesh Hunter and can take a wand from the table besides him without combat. Possible wand drops include:
- Crucified Captive: after combat against 2-4 Flesh Hunters and 1-2 Flesh Hunter Shamans, the hero frees the captive, who may be a Healer who rewards the hero with 8-12 Elixirs of Health, a crazed Warrior of Discord who attacks, or a Demon who vanishes.
- Ruined Building: Fight with 2-4 Bog Golems. Rewards are 503-1485 gold plus one of the following items:
- Murky Bog: Lose 1 - 4 turns.
- Exit to Darkmoor Swamp