The Siege of the Ratman Fortress
Summary and Walkthrough
After collecting the goblin tribes for the assault in Goblin Politics, you are ready to begin the siege of the Ratman fortress. The fortress is located in the Goblin Head Tunnel part of the Sewer Tunnels. During the siege, you'll be supported by four Goblins, three Goblin Archers, two Goblin Champions, two Goblin Priests, and a Goblin SiegeTower.
This takes a few turns fighting the usual lesser Ratmen, Ratman Champions, and Ratman Shamans. Eventually you'll also face some Ratapults (as indicated in the text before you begin that wave), and then for the final battle, more Ratapults and a Ratman King.
An example battle (the specific number of each type of enemy may vary):
- First wave: 4 Ratmen, 1 Ratman Champion, 2 Ratman Shamans
- Second wave: 4 Ratmen, 4 Ratman Champions, 2 Ratman Shamans
- Third wave: 5 Ratmen, 5 Ratman Champions, 4 Ratman Shamans
- Fourth wave: 5 Ratmen, 3 Ratman Champions, 5 Ratman Shamans
- Ratapult wave: 6 Ratmen, 6 Ratman Champions, 5 Ratman Shamans, 2 Ratapults
- King wave: 8 Ratmen, 6 Ratman Champions, 5 Ratman Shamans, 3 Ratapults, 1 Ratman King
After each wave, you are given the option to leave and restock. If you do, you'll have to explore the Goblin Head Tunnel to find the fortress encounter again, but you'll keep your progress. For example, if you defeat waves one, two, and three and then leave, when you find the fortress again, you'll start with wave four. The same is true if you are defeated (fled or were killed) and chose to leave to restock rather than immediately try again.
Upon completion the player can return to the goblin fortification and be allowed to travel to the Mayhew Tunnel in order to begin the Finding Mayhew quest to enter Mayhew (unless the player has completed the Stop the Ratman Raids quest).