Warrior Class Guide
- See also: Warrior class profile
While warriors in Majesty had the role as the basic melee class with no special abilities, warriors in HoA have the benefit of conveniently increasing stats and armor with shields in order to compensate for relatively low initial defense (and offense) stats. Given the great importance of armor in the game, the shield advantage significantly comes into play at all parts of the game, right from the beginning when shields can be obtained inexpensively. When plate armor and high-end items are obtained, Warriors becomes the best armored heroes in the game. While the rest of the stats do not look very impressive, the fast rate of gaining levels for warriors (requiring only 1000 xp) confers an additional advantage to this class.
Later on the Warrior is a relatively challenging class to play due to the lack of powerful high-end items. While Warriors have high armor, this quality is less useful against the most difficult foes which do damage so high that their attacks should best be defended with the Parry stat, rather than with armor.
Below are the optimal items for each category, as well as other notable items important to this class. See also: items usable by Warrior.
- Weapon: Thallis Sword (Damage: 19, H2H +10, Parry +10, Max HP +30, Armor +5; found in Thallis)
- For offensive tactics: Axe of Discretion (Damage: 19, H2H +15, STR +15; Valmorgen Library schematic)
- For defensive tactics: Midnight Blade (Damage: 15, H2H +15, Dodge +15, Parry +15; Valmorgen Library schematic)
- For flexibility: Mithril Broadsword (Damage: 15, H2H +5, Parry +5) socketable with your choice of 3 beard rings e.g. 3 ratman rings would give you a total of +20 Parry; or one of these with 3 skull rings (+15 MGR) can be useful against spellcasters.
- Early on, and to wield whilst praying: Longsword of True Valour (Damage: 14, Willpower +5, STR +5, H2H +10, Armor +2; Quest item)
- Armor: Mithril Plate Armor (Armor: 13) Socketted with 3x Beard Rings (best choices are usually Skull or Golem)
- Cloak: Heroic Cloak (Shield of Light Spell; Found in Thallis)
- Headgear: Circlet of Lycanthropy (H2H +15, Ranged +15, Parry +15, Dodge +15, Werewolf Form) → True Werewolf Circlet (stats as per the circlet +1 armor, +10 MGR)
- Shield: Stoneback Shield (Abandoned Library Schematic) → Stoneback's Shield of Might (Armor: 7, Dodge and Parry +12, Stone Skin Spell (+8 Armor), Invisibility (Lv. 2 Spell); Upgraded at Imp's Workshop)
- Before this item is obtained, Mithril Tower Shield is the best easily obtainable shield
- Belt: Belt of Brawling socketed with a "Might" Accessory
- Belt of Rage is useful early on.
- Footwear: Reinforced Sabaton (Armor: 10, Artifice -5, Strength +8, Parry +5; found in Thallis)
- Glove: War Gauntlets (2x Ratman Beard Ring)
- Armband: Mithril Bracers or Nevryl Bracers (2x Ratman Beard Ring)
- Necklace: Ring Amulet socketed with Ring of Protection or Dark Band.
- MGR-boosting Necklaces, such as the Dwarven Locket are useful in certain occasions